Aug 3, 2018

Combining Astrology with Genealogy

For We Are Each 'The Flowering of Our Generations'

A while ago on one of my two WordPress blogs, I wrote about an ancestor William Claiborne (post updated this very day) and included some info on a later ancestor David Barnett (b. December 25, 1776 Christiansburg, VA) and his two wives. David interests me more than some of my kin due to the fact that he's what I call a "double ancestor" because his first wife Sarah Phillips and second wife Louvicy Hayes are two of my ancestral grandmothers--Sarah on my paternal side, Louvicy on my maternal. This was probably a fairly common occurrence in those days folks since had to marry whomever they had access to, don't you think? Travel wasn't so easy and the pickin's may have been somewhat slim (I imagine!) Which is not to say that romance wasn't a factor.

And so, in my quest to use Astrology to understand Genealogy via my ancestors, here is a dual image of the two marriage horoscopes of David Barnett who passed away in August 1861 after fathering a total of 17 children which is one generous result of marrying two wives!

Both charts are set for 'noon' (exact hours of the ceremonies unknown) and located in historic Smithonia, Georgia which is now restored and rented as a wedding venue--and is located very close to where my father was born and raised in Oglethorpe County, the neighborhood where my Barnett ancestors farmed and lived in their day:

Now as you know, Sun and Moon represent on one level husband and wife so I shall include here 'Images for Integration' of each of David's marriages. To Sarah (upper right chart, April 7, 1791) it's Sun Aries-Moon Gemini: "Haydn's Farewell Symphony...A fencing master carries off the prize."

To Louvicy (lower left chart, February 18, 1819) it's Sun Aquarius-Moon Sagittarius: "Alice in Wonderland...Indiana Jones--". Curious that both blends are Air-Fire ('live wires'--exciting!) but in reverse order, and that the Nodal signs of Aries-Libra, the partnership axis, 'flipped' from one marriage to the other!

So now you know a little something about how I came to be. How about You?

More details concerning these blends are found in Sun Sign-Moon Sign by Charles and Suzi Harvey.

(Note that I cannot find a date of birth for Louvicy and next to nothing concerning which branch of the Hayes family she sprung from--maybe one day she'll turn up!)


No comments: