Oct 1, 2017

A Few Notes on The Stars of Capricorn

Capricorn the Ancient 'Goat-Fish'

Being born with the Sun and three planets in Saturn-ruled Capricorn, the 10th sign and its ancient symbol the 'goat-fish' have always been a fascination with me. From August through October each year is the time when the stars of Capricorn are visible, at least with binoculars though not necessarily with the naked eye.

Capricornus the constellation is shaped like a rather wonky triangle and is second faintest in the night sky, second only to the stars of Cancer. If you're Cap curious, I recommend joining astronomer Brian Ventrudo as he takes us on A Stroll Through the Stars of Capricorn.

As for the sign Capricorn, years ago I read somewhere (and would cite it for you if memory served!) that the entire sign of Capricorn is a labyrinth. Speaking as one of that Saturnian persuasion on a years-long journey attempting to understand it and my planetary placements therein, I must agree!

Now here's one of my drawings that reminds me of the Capricorn season of the year Snowy Path and there perhaps you can see my Midheaven stars twinkling in the constellation of Orion:


No comments: