Mar 21, 2018

March 22, 2018: Jude Cowell's Pallas Return

At 7:53:38 am edt tomorrow, March 22, 2018, yours truly will enjoy a Pallas Return to natal Pallas degree of 25Tau58 which spotlights my 9th house Pallas. As you see, this degree conjoins fixed star of outrage, Algol, in the Pleiades constellation. Through this and other chart factors it seems that excitable feelings are a major part of my 2018 Pallas picture along with art work since asteroid Cupido (The Arts; The Family) conjoins Pallas by transit and also implicates family matters, plus, it activates the asteroid's house placement and aspects in my natal chart. Happily for me, Pallas trines natal Mercury in late Capricorn (9th house to 5th house of Creative Pursuits).

Horoscope: March 22, 2018 7:53:38 am edt North of Atlanta, Georgia USA:

As one of the four feminine asteroids in Astrology, Pallas, the daughter (aka, Pallas Athene--I was born in Athens, Ga!) may be used to signify wisdom, understanding, and ethics, and in my case, Pallas in Venus-ruled Taurus, denotes potentials for art talent, and for patterning ability which can also be useful in astrological work. In fact, Pallas as an ethics significator is used by my friend, millennial astrologer Kevin Estes, on his Left Wing Astrology blog. If you're curious, Kevin has posted on my natal Pallas (natal horoscope shown) and terms me a "principled progressive" (though some might disagree after reading my dissenting posts and articles). Pallas as an ethics indicator is based on the work of astrologer and violinist Alan Lin whose March 20, 2018 post concerns the Austin Bombings--and asteroid Pallas is involved.

Astrological Pallas is associated with owls (my drawing, Owl of Minerva, above), unicorns, crusading for peace (I'm a self-described 'peacenik' from way back), weaving and embroidery (sewed and embroidered in my younger days and braided cotton rag rugs), and skillful hands (Mercury conjunct Mars in 5th house--I've drawn since the ripe old age of 3). So I guess with natal Pallas as the most elevated of the four faces of the feminine in my chart, identification with the Pallas archetype has been easy since I first began a serious study of Astrology in 1996 after buying my first two Astrology books, age 12.

Happy Birthday Pallas!

Now the orbital period of asteroid Pallas is 4.62 years and it was discovered on March 28, 1802 in Germany by Heinrich W. Olbers--116 years ago on March 28, 2018, a Pallas 'birthday' of sorts! So if you desire more Pallas info you may wish to refer to Pallas in the Signs.


No comments: