Apr 16, 2018

Mercury Progresses into Pisces - Then What?

April 16, 2018: Natal Chart Ruler Mercury Changes Sign by Progression

With last evening's Aries New Moon @26:02 conjunct my North Node and transit Mercury in early Aries now traveling direct, this seems a good day for a post concerning the cosmic condition of yours truly so here goes:

A few days ago, my own Secondary Progressed (SP) Mercury completed its sojourn through the 30 degrees of the rational sign of Aquarius while enjoying mutual reception with natal and SP Uranus in Gemini. This means that Mercury, planet of thought processes and communications, has now entered by progression the Jupiter-Neptune sign of Pisces. So will mental clarity be a thing of the past? On various levels it will though some would say I had none to begin with! And yet my natal Mercury in Capricorn remains in mutual reception (on friendly terms) with natal Saturn in Virgo so I have that going for me in spite of what 'they' may say! Any organizational abilities I've previously had could suffer as well.

Yet as an artist of the pencil persuasion, I'm uncertain how concerned to be about Mercury's shift of condition since Pisces is, as you know, a universal sign of creativity and art. And so I combed the internet for articles to link you to and found that expert astrologer Alan Oken, who has consulted with me in the past concerning my natal chart, considers SP Mercury in cosmic Pisces to be good for metaphysical studies which of course refers to Astrology, the only occult science I'm interested in. His info is in PDF form so a link here isn't possible but google if you wish.

Besides, Mr. Oken's is not the only voice out there in cyber world and you may know of others (even yourself!) who have a handle on such a shifty Piscean situation--such as the excellent Dark Pixie Astrology which gives SP Mercury through the signs, houses, and in aspect to natal planets.

Of course, with Pisces being quite a different energy than Aquarius, I realize that adjustments on one level or another will be necessary. And yet I can't help but think of my botanical fish portraits which have always had a Saturn (Capricorn = reality)/Neptune (fish, oceans, imaginary) quality of botanically drawn fish seen within their private dream scenarios. This combo would be my natal Sun Capricorn-Moon Pisces personality blend floating through my artwork and surfacing on the page.

Well, it will take an unspecified amount of time for the Aquarius-Pisces energy shift to become more apparent, at least to yours truly, and if anything worth reporting turns up I can hopefully let you know--jumbled or confusing as it may turn out to be!

Above image: Mercury by NASA

Now here's a little fellow who wants to say, Hi!

Image: pencil portrait of a Knightfish of Western Australia; aka, the Australian Pineapplefish, or the coat-of-mail fish. Follow the link for its other nicknames! jc


No comments: