Jul 21, 2016

Are You a Radiant Uranian?

Uranus (Edited) By NASA/JPL/Voyager mission (edited by Orange-kun) [Public domain] via Wikimedia Commons

Astro-Notes on Singleton Uranus in a Natal Chart

by Jude Cowell

Those with a signature of eccentric, electric, and often brilliant Uranus in their charts are not the average bear especially if the planet of awareness is a singleton. So I got to thinking about my mention in this blog's debut post of having a 10th house Uranus in Gemini. As you know, the wider world tends to see and judge us by what our 10th houses display and for me, that's Uranus in Mercury-ruled Gemini, a generational placement of course. If other planets aspect Uranus so that it is not a singleton, they are part of the picture as well and can moderate or increase Uranian qualities though energies of the outer planets cannot actually be 'controlled'. The house with futuristic Aquarius on the cusp and those next door that have degrees of Aquarius in them fill in the picture along with such considerations as trail of dispositorship, links to the Nodal axis, and others you may think of.

Now I am not saying here that I'm a 'radiant' person! These days I'm quite past such sparkling assessments and considerations. Besides, you don't exactly gain favor from others with a Mercury-Uranus inconjunct (150 degrees = adjustment; paradox) in a natal chart though mine is from the 5th of Creativity to the public 10th house. Creatively it's an interesting aspect to be born under (for years I created and sold 'cosmic electric light panels'--fun! and there's Astrology) but the difficulty for me is in attempting to explain how I know what I (think I) know--the process of thought that led to my conclusions--and this is seldom easy to manage. Some discerning folk tend to take offense at such an inability.

Or, as discussed in a previous post, they assume me to be a Uranian astrologer when I'm actually a Saturnian one, thanks to a bunch of Capricorn planets hiding in my private 4th and 5th houses; plus, helpful is my Mercury and Saturn in Mutual Reception (on friendly terms). Thing is, you know that Saturn is the traditional ruler of Astrology and while many astrologers consider Uranus to be its modern ruler, I prefer to think of Uranus as Astrology's higher-octave ruler...is this quirky of me?

As for where my Mercury-Uranus energies express that would be the 5th, 6th (Aquarius on 6th cusp with Virgo rising), and the 10th with iconoclast Uranus posited there for all to 'see'. Health wise, it's the first house (Virgo) of Physical Body so calm thoughts are a must along with regular rest. Now stop me if you've heard this, but expert astrologer Erin Sullivan once told me in consultation that we are servants of the planet/s in our 10th house so for this astrologer, that's Uranus. A Uranian change occurred a few years when my natal Uranus retrograde turned direct by progression though such a reversal takes time to be felt and utilized (if at all with an outer planet!)

Well, that's my particular Uranian story and now I'm wondering about yours. So leave a comment if you wish and how about checking out a great article concerning Uranus as Singleton for it inspired me to write this post.

Also Recommended is the website of The Uranian Astrologer where you'll discover articles written by a genuine Uranian astrologer!


No comments: