Nov 2, 2023

The Owl of Minerva and goddess Pallas Athena

A Drawing: Owl of Minerva; pencil on paper by Jude Cowell Art:

Sometimes the Owl of Minerva is known as the Owl of Athena and since yours truly was born in Athens, Georgia, the myth and the goddess have long attracted me. Not that years ago I knew why this was so, but years later my study of Astrology spotlighted the asteroids Minerva and Pallas in my natal chart and otherwise. My natal Minerva's position? 22Sag48, and natal Pallas @25Tau58 Rx. And although I didn't check their progressed positions for today before I was compelled to write this post spotlighting Minerva and Pallas, their progressed positions are now prominent: Minerva in Capricorn conjunct natal Mercury and conjunct my progressed Jupiter - and conjoined by transit Pluto. Plus, progressed Pallas now sits atop my natal Midheaven in mid-Gemini where the Belt Stars of Orion twinkled on the frosty night I was born!

Meanwhile, we've actually discussed such topics at least twice on this very blog:

Minerva: the Goddess and the Asteroid which contains mention of both the positive side (wisdom; being accomplished) and the darker side of the goddess and her Owl as ritual symbol, worshiped at Bohemian Grove gatherings each summer, and where else I know not.

Then in 2018, we discussed my then-current Pallas Return. Since then my now-current Pallas Return perfected on June 26, 2022 - just as transit Minerva conjoined my natal Mercury. Well, I'm thinking synchronicity, how about you?

And you know that it's often the Greek Pallas Athena cited within these mythological areas of life and, as noted previously, as a native of Athens, Georgia, naturally I identify with the Pallas archetype, too. Perhaps somewhere online you may have run across my drawing, Ceres and Pallas, aka, Mother and Daughter:

So! If this post inspires you, dear reader, to check out Minerva and Pallas in your own natal horoscope - if you've not previously done so - then for this evening, my work here is done!

No comments: